Meet Your Charlottesville Orthodontist
Dr. Andrew Glassick is a board-certified orthodontist serving the community in Central Virginia at Hamer & Glassick Orthodontics. He earned his Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry from Wake Forest University, before earning his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry.
Dr. Glassick also holds the following certifications and distinctions:
- Certificate in Core Concepts of Public Health, University of North Carolina School of Public Health
- Certificate, General Practice Residency, University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
- Certificate in Orthodontics, Served as Chief Resident and graduated with Distinction in Leadership Training, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Glassick taught dental school for 2 years in the Restorative and Surgical Department of the University of Colorado. He also served as Assistant Clinical Faculty at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Why an Orthodontist in Charlottesville? Orthodontist vs. Dentist: An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist.
Not every dentist is qualified to be an orthodontist, even though every orthodontist starts as a dentist. Dr. David Hamer and Dr. Andrew Glassick, like all orthodontists, continued their education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. Dr. Hamer and Dr. Glassick have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth, as have all orthodontists. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the necessary treatment plan for you.
Why does it matter if you see your Charlottesville Orthodontist?
Dentists receive basic orthodontic training so they can perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who don’t need to see an orthodontist yet. Specialists, on the other hand, receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic issues.
- Providing more treatment options, with a variety of braces or therapies to choose from
- Having personal experience treating multiple cases that are similar to your unique concerns and anatomical characteristics.
- More efficient treatment and visits, because it’s the office’s main focus.
- Knowing that you’ll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have worse than usual bite discrepancies that need to be dealt with
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
While you may think it’s easier to have your orthodontic work done by your dentist, convenience shouldn’t be a barrier to seeing a specialist. You will only be stopping by your Charlottesville orthodontic offices every six to eight weeks.
And don’t let price be a problem either! Hamer & Glassick Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Charlottesville area.